Individual Therapy in California for Adults
I specialize in and focus on the following psychotherapy issues:
- Treatment for anxiety, panic attacks, stress, and depression.
- working with adults who have sustained childhood trauma (sexual, physical, or emotional abuse) or abandonment (loss of parent, or having an abusive or narcissistic parent).
- Clients wanting to improve relationships of all types.
- I often see one person who wants to change a relationship, but who has a spouse or partner unwilling to try therapy.
- treatment for clients who have learned to comfort emotional distress with food, computer games, on-line addictions, or other substances and distractions.
- a special interest in helping clients who have chronic physical and medical issues worsened by emotional pain.
- working with clients suffering from loss (relationship, parent, spouse, friend, job, or pet), and who need peace and closure.
Clients are scheduled Monday through Friday 9am-5pm, and Sunday mornings. Call for availability.
Individuals benefit most by meeting once each week for a session when first starting treatment. Occasionally, due to time or financial constraints, clients choose to come in every other week, or monthly, for maintenance with established clients who have already completed a course of weekly therapy. We can decide together what frequency makes sense for you, based on your needs, goals, and resources.