Individual Therapy for Adults and Teens
I specialize in and focus on the following psychotherapy issues:
- working with adults who have sustained childhood trauma (sexual, physical, or emotional abuse) or abandonment (loss of parent, or having an abusive or narcissistic parent).
- treatment for anxiety, panic attacks, and depression.
- treatment for people wanting to improve relationships of all types.
- I often see one person who wants to change a relationship, but who has a spouse or partner unwilling to try therapy.
- treatment for clients who have learned to comfort emotional distress with food, computer games, on-line addictions, or other substances and distractions.
- a special interest in helping clients who have chronic physical issues worsened by emotional pain.
- working with clients suffering from loss (relationship, parent, spouse, friend, or pet), and need peace and closure.
Clients are scheduled Monday through Friday,
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Individuals benefit most by meeting once each week in a fifty-minute session. Occasionally, due to time or financial constraints, clients choose to come in every other week, or monthly, for maintenance with established clients who have already completed a course of weekly therapy. We can decide together what frequency makes sense for you, based on your needs, goals, and resources.
Call today to schedule an appointment.
Michelle Wambach, Psy.D.
Licensed Marriage Family Therapist
4020 Moorpark Avenue, Suite 206
San Jose, California 95117